Of the many things that will strike you upon visiting a Maggie’s centre, the most astounding is the space and the feeling of calm it invokes.
Written by Maisie Willis and Antonio Gizzinio of Saatchi’s and directed by Jennifer Sheridan of Missing Link Films, Maggie’s Centres has commissioned their first ever commercial “A breathing space for those living with cancer” .
The campaign will be running in cinema and online from 6st July. The film takes the viewer on an emotional journey: from that first, breath-taking diagnosis through to the mental calmness and stability that a Maggie’s Centre can bring about during a patient, and their families, ordeal. This journey is narrated by breathing.
Of the many things that will strike you upon visiting a Maggie’s Centre, the most astounding is the space and the feeling of calm it invokes. This film was made to encapsulate the numerous, wonderful services that a Maggie’s Centre provides, and raise awareness that it is open to everyone.
Jennifer says “I was attracted to directing this project by the overwhelming positivity that Maggie's Centres bring to the lives of those dealing with cancer. Their focus is on 'life' and providing a space where people can learn how to live with the situation; not viewing it as the death sentence we all fear when we hear that word. I only wish I had had them when my own family lost our beloved father fourteen years ago. I really think they would have been incredibly valuable to us, helping us to cope with something that's impossible to prepare for on your own.”
Laura Lee, CEO of Maggie’s Centres says:
“The generosity of Missing Link in producing this amazing film for Maggie’s is overwhelming. They understood right from the beginning what Maggie’s does and that shines through in the film. It’s so important that we tell as many people as possible what happens at Maggie’s and how we support everyone with cancer and their family and friends, from diagnosis to treatment and beyond. This opportunity means we can do just that.”
Creatives: Maisie Willis & Antonio Gizzonio
Agency: Saatchi & Saatchi
Head of Film: Rebecca Williams
Director: Jennifer Sheridan
Producers: Ben & Heather Link
Production Company: Missing Link Films
DP: Marcus Domleo
Colourist: Adam Clarke at Absolute Post
VFX: Ben Robards at Absolute Post
Editor: Matt Pochettino at Marshall Street Editors
Sound: 750 MPH & Enos Desjardins
Music: Cato Hoeben
· Maggie’s offers free practical and emotional support for all people living with cancer, and their family and friends. Built in the grounds of specialist NHS cancer hospitals, Maggie’s Centres are warm and welcoming places, with qualified professionals on hand to offer a programme of support that has been shown to improve physical and emotional wellbeing.
· Great architecture is vital to the care Maggie’s offers; and to achieve that Maggie’s works with great architects like the late Zaha Hadid, Richard Rogers and Norman Foster, whose expertise and experience deliver the calm, uplifting environments that are so important to the people who visit and work in the Centres. · The first Maggie’s Centre opened in Edinburgh in 1996. There are now 22 Centres across the UK and abroad, with more planned for the future. Maggie’s also has an Online Centre.
· Maggie’s relies on voluntary donations to support and grow its network of Centres and to develop its unique, high quality programme of support. The charity’s aim is to make the biggest difference possible to people living with cancer and their family and friends.
· Maggie’s President is HRH The Duchess of Cornwall.
· For further information about Maggie’s please go to www.maggiescentres.org
About Missing Link Films Missing Link Films is the brainchild of husband and wife team Ben and Heather Link. Ben is a hugely experienced producer who has worked with some of the best directors in the world whereas Heather built her knowledge of the industry from the perspective of a client. They're committed to nurturing new talent and an equal roster of female & male directors.